Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

GDC 2008 Diary Morning Day 1 (monday)

We drove up from Santa Cruz early enough that I could catch the few last minutes of Raph Koster's speech. (Why Gamers should Care about Virtual Worlds)
Totally out of context since i didn't hear what led up to it:
"VW's are a lot of windows"
" Don't only think of the hammer, but what you can build with it. "
Luckily Raph Koster is a master documentalist, so i could update myself on his site:
/gdc08-worlds-in-motion-keynote-coverage/


I also hopped into...
Entertainment Content Convergence in Online Worlds
Speaker(s): Reuben Steiger (Millions of Us)

...and...

Heeding the Lessons of Bartle in Socially-Driven Spaces
Speaker(s): Erik Bethke (GoPets.com)

IMG_1933

...but had difficulties concentrating since i was mentally preparing for being in a panel in the afternoon.

Social:

danc TL and me Ren and me